Mt. Abram embraces uphill skinning and snowshoeing. For the safety of everyone on the mountain, we ask that anyone participating in these activities adhere to the following guidelines. All uphill travel is done at each individual’s own risk.
Uphill travel by means of skinning and/or snowshoeing has long been popular at Mt. Abram and we welcome and support our guests seeking to enjoy the mountain. For the safety of everyone on the mountain, we ask that everyone follow our guidelines. All travel is done at each individual’s own risk.
All uphill participants have acknowledged that they know and will adhere to the Maine Skier Statute and the Maine Recreational Use Statute.
Guests traveling uphill must have a valid day ticket or uphill season pass. Uphill passes can be purchased at the Snow Sports Desk or Ticket Booth for $99 for the season, or $15 per day. Season ticket holders for downhill skiing and riding can use their pass for uphill traveling with no additional charge.
On days when the ski area is not open (Monday – Wednesday), uphill traffic is permitted on any trail, although it is recommended that green circle and blue square trails be the preferred route. Please know that even though the area is not open, skiers must be aware of potential snowmaking operations, grooming operations, snowmobile traffic, and/or other skier traffic. Closed trails are prohibited at all times. Dogs are welcome to join in the fun on days we are closed.
During normal ski operations, 8AM – 4PM, Friday through Sunday, or in the case of a vacation week, uphill traffic is restricted to Roundabout/Sweeper, Upper & Lower Easy Rider, or Skyline Trail at Westside. Please keep to the trail edge and beware of downhill skier traffic. Be especially aware of snowmobiles, snow cats, and/or snowmaking equipment that may be encountered at any time. Please do not ski over snowmaking hoses. Wear bright clothing, stay visible, and avoid climbing up steep faces that obstruct your uphill view. For obvious reasons, no dogs are allowed on days we are open and operating.
We ask that you have your season pass in your possession anytime you are on the mountain. Uphill season pass holders will be invited to a season end party to celebrate all the vertical feet climbed, more details on this to come. We will be organizing some night group climbs, as well as an uphill race.
Thank you for reading and abiding by these guidelines.
- Participants must be ticketed (Season pass $99, day tickets $15)
- Stay to the trail edge, be visible
- Permissible routes during ski area operations
- Roundabout to Sweeper
- Lower Easy Rider to Upper Easy Rider Westside Trails
- Be aware of skier traffic, snow cats, snowmobiles
- New for 2021! This is THE year to learn the ins and outs of Alpine Touring. This group clinic will be a basic introduction to technique, safety and equipment you need to get started. The gentle climb of the westside is the perfect terrain to experience the freedom of touring and you will be reward for your work during the run downhill after your climb. Minimum age for the Earn Your Turns Clinic is 10. Limited basic touring ski rentals available for an additional fee.
- When: Daily at 8:00
- Where: Westside Lodge, outdoors (unless we decide to do Duane’s…maybe)
- Price: $40
What do I need for a ticket?
All uphill skiers and riders are required to a valid season pass or day ticket, and it must be visible. If you do not intend to ride a lift at any point during the day, you can purchase an Uphill Access day ticket for $15 at Guest Services.